The Lazy Daze Festival in North Carolina
A guest post by Nicola Williams
Image courtesy Town of Cary
The Lazy Daze Arts and Crafts Festival in the state of North Carolina is a festival that started way back in 1977 in the small town of Cary with an aim of improving the life of the residents of the town using art and crafts and unraveling entertainment experience. The annual festival attracts more than 50,000 people and the events showcased here make sure all members of the family are included in the experience.
Admission to the Festival
There are a myriad of amazing things to enjoy only by visiting this festival. First, the festival is absolutely free; there is no fees charged on entry to the festival. Also, due to the probable scarcity of parking space at the festival, one can park at the Cary Mall, free of charge, and catch a free air-conditioned shuttle to the festival in downtown Cary. There is a shuttle leaving every 15 minutes. Isn’t that convenient?
The Cary Weather: Being an August event, the Cary weather could enjoy a day of sunshine or rain. For better planning, check the local weather forecast before traveling.
Utilities at the Festival: There is ease in reaching any and all utilities at the event including car parks, air-conditioned restrooms, ATM lobbies and halls, access to first aid and so on. Festival staff are located all over the event grounds for any kind of assistance needed.
What to Enjoy at the Lazy Daze Festival
1. Art and Crafts: With over 400 artists and crafters invited to the event each and every year from all over the country, we can say that the festival flows with an array of contemporary artwork and fine craftsman, a fete that many people admire and embrace. There is so much to see and choose from. Artists and craftsmen are selected through an application process.
2. The Kid’s World: The kids, of all ages, will be involved with a myriad interactive and creative art activities. Let the kids get entertained by the various kinds of art and theater such as buble and The Sandbox Band and the many games they can play at the event. There is also a lot of yummy food and snacks for the kids to enjoy.
3. Entertainment: Take a breather from shopping and roaming and get entertained by live performances by some of the best artists from the region. There is also a range of entertainment you can enjoy from including dance groups, beach bands and so on and you also get to choose from your favorite genre of music. In the Kids World Area, the children get entertained fully.
4. Concessions: The people of the town of Cary as well as Wake County have a wide selection of concession vendors and this means that you get to enjoy the best quality food such as hot dogs, polish sausages, cakes, cold drinks and so on at very fair prices. With your friends and family, you can enjoy your favorite food located in several places at the festival.
5. Cultural Groups: At the Cary Arts Center, interact with community based groups and learn of their support towards art growth in Cary community. There is literature to read and also information about the organizations here.
There is so much more to get involved in at the Lazy Daze Festival including volunteering, video shoots and the Cary Grants. This makes the festival a one of a kind entertainer for your friends and family. Enjoy!
If you like this please share it with your friends. As always, Happy Travels!
Author Bio: I am Nicola Williams from UK. Am a professional content writer and a blogger. Most of my articles include my travel experiences. My hobbies are traveling, trekking and cooking. Currently I am working on a project turkey visas which enables in visa assistance